1. Tie, season and roast the pigeons in the peanut oil for 12 minutes at 375ºF (190ºC).
2. After 12 minutes, remove the legs from the birds and roast breasts an additional 4 minutes.
3. Remove the breasts and keep them warm.
4. Pour away the fat from the pan and deglaze with red wine and balsamic vinegar.
5.Add the pigeon stock. Finish the sauce then strain through muslin.
6. Gently stir in the butter.
7. Coarsely chop the artichoke bottoms and pan-fry with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
8. Arrange the artichokes in a crown form.
Bone the pigeon breasts, slice thinly and lay over the artichokes.
10. Slice the potato into thin rounds and pan-fry in olive oil in the form of a scalloped pancake placing a round of black truffle in the center.
11 Ganish the dish with the pancake of sautéed potatoes with black truffle (optional).
12. Spoon sauce around the arrangement and use a sprig of rosemary, sweet basil or other herb for decoration.